Sunday, February 9, 2014

BurdaStyle Minnie Mouse Costume

I recently had a friends 30th dress up birthday party in which we had to dress up as our favourite character. I decided to dress up as Minnie Mouse and created the outfit below.


Here is the dress that I was inspired by

found on Escapade.co.uk


 The pattern I chose for this dress was the BurdaStyle Dress with Gathered Skirt adding sleeves and also a tulle underskirt to make it puffy! Also the small collar to match the inspiration outfit. 




I ended up getting the ears and neck bow from Ebay for only $15.

Enjoying the party with the girls in our costumes!!

I have been making a few outfits I just haven't had time to take photos.
I apologise for neglecting my blog so much, hopefully more pictures soon!!

6 comments:

  1. Soooooooo cute!!!!!!! Glad to you you back on your blog :) Can't wait to see what else you've been making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks missy!! I know, I make lots of things but by the weekend I can never be motivated to take pictures haha. Need to get my bum into gear. Love all your recent makes too they are so gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  2. Your costume is brilliant! (As are your friends costumes.) Hope you had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne so lovely of you to say!!! It was a really fun night actually lots of funny costumes!!

      Delete
  3. Well..Miss Minnie Mouse.. you look adorable..So does your friends.. Proud to see you on the blog.Missed your
    beautiful sewing.. [But I do understand.. Life gets busy, doesn't it?]
    Proud you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy!!! I have been making a few things. I will have to try and take photos, I just get so rushed on weekend I never get time. Life does happen that way doesn't it. I have a holiday booked in 5 weeks to Japan too so getting so excited for that. So many Hens and Weddings partys too, I think I am in that time of my life where it will be wedding after wedding!! Next is babies though haha!!

      Delete

I heart Fabric Link Within