Saturday, December 7, 2013

Butterick 5949 Dresses

I would like to thank my beautiful friend Judy from Sew Blessed Maw for reminding me to get off my bum and post some pictures for my blog hehe. I am still alive, I have just had so much time to myself after the wedding I have been catching up on a years worth of projects lol.

I did make these dresses before my honeymoon and I promised to post them so here they finally are! Thankfully we've finally had a beautiful day in Queensland (the past few weeks have been non-stop storms) so I was lucky to get some quick snaps by my husband before sundown. P.S I am still getting used to saying 'husband' lol!!

This fabric was from Bargain Box fabrics.



This next dress is one of my favourites. I LOVE this fabric. If you want to buy it you still can and in a million different variations thanks to Joan McLemore on Spoonflower. She has the most beautiful designs well worth checking out if your running out of ideas or simply want some gorgeous dress fabric!!




I wore this dress to a friends wedding recently (my husband was a groomsman). This is from their Photobooth below hehe. I particularly like Taka's mouse pose hehehe.

The last dress I have the super talented and gorgeous Neeno from Sew Me Love to thank for!
I was so lucky to meet Neeno earlier this year and after I was totally in love with her butterfly dress (like I am for all of her creations) she was kind enough to send me the same fabric! Spoilt!!!






This dress pattern is from Butterick 5949, which I can say is a great pattern. I ended up omitting the the center band as it sat high enough on my waist. Otherwise the dress is pretty standard and was simple and quick enough to make. Considering I was able to fit these in between my wedding & honeymoon!!


Well I will hopefully post up a few more things I have been doing. One painting I have just finished!!

xx Erin xx

27 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dresses Erin!! I can see why you like the light blue one the best (seems very fitting with your complexion and blonde hair) but all three of them are knock-outs:) You always make such great use out of the patterns you use. These dresses definitely fit you better than the model on the Butterick pattern cover. Congrats on your recent wedding! Enjoy married life:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rikki your so sweet :) I do get a little obsessed when I find a good dress pattern hehe. Not sure if I should admit that I still have one left to make that I have already cut out haha. Thank so much about the wedding it feels like a blur now hehe. Hopefully get my professional photos back this week so I am very excited :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful dresses! All three are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny!! Hope you have been keeping well with the bubby!! xx

      Delete
  3. very cute, I was wondering how this pattern would look. suits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Beth!! The new Butterick patterns are great I have about 4 on my to do list. Can't wait to try them out :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sewing on all three dresses. Lovely fabric choices too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jean you're so lovely. I was holding out keeping these fabric colours for a while for the perfect pattern. I am glad they fit so well too. Looking forward to catching up on your blog too. You've been very busy!! xx

      Delete
  5. Perfect silhouette on you, the dresses are so pretty. I love your blog, love how you make the same pattern more than once. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! Your so kind. I get a bit obsessed with patterns once I find a good one. Plus it makes the 2nd and 3rd one much easier to make hehe. Glad to find your blog too I am your newest follower! xx

      Delete
  6. Oh, Lady, this is so wonderful! A long time ago I do not walk in your blog and I did not know you had marriage. Hey! Congratulations!
    Love the three dresses! You always look so elegant! Happy weekend, darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosy!! I know I hadn't really posted much leading up to my wedding so it might have been easy to miss it lol.
      Thank you so much you're so lovely. Was so excited to read your blog again too xx

      Delete
  7. Love all 3 dresses [and bty.. I love that you almost always repeat the pattern, while sewing..so smart] . I think the first is my favorite. But really hard to choose..
    Love the minnie mouse photos..so fun... You two are a very cute couple.. So happy for you.
    Thank you.. you are so sweet.. Proud to see your sewing.. fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, was so lovely to hear from you as always. I will have to write back to your email.
      Hehe the photobooth photos were so funny. I'm not game to post up the ones from my wedding they are even worse haha.
      Thanks so much for your lovely comments you're such a sweety!! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Very pretty . Love all versions :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love photobooths!!!!! You two are adorable!
    Great dresses as always babe, my fav is the Spoonflower fabric!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks Neeno!! We are dorks!!
      I love the butterfly one and couldn't have made it without you. These are my most worn dresses now haha.
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Welcome back! As usual, your dresses are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh that third fabric is so beautiful!! And I love the little tucks at the neck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ping! I know Neeno has spoilt me sending up that fabric its amazing. xx

      Delete
  12. All the dresses are lovely!You are looking stunning.
    formal dresses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariam!! So lovely of you to say :)

      Delete
  13. Wow!!!.......Such a really nice and great informative post and It's really helpful with us for fabric Dress!!

    Fabric Stores

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wondering were do you purchase the dressmaking fabrics you are using for making such lovely dresses, the second to the last dress is the one I love the most.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Earning is only for you, just spend 1 hour daily and earn upto $35 Daily with just clicking job, Join Now
    adsclickearning.com

    ReplyDelete

I heart Fabric Link Within