Sunday, September 1, 2013

Copy Cat Colette Laurel

Only 1 month left of the Copy Cat Challenge and we have already had some fantastic entrants! I am so lucky that Ping (Penoloping) has been involved in this challenge as she has been inspiring lots of sewers to get involved!

My next Copy Cat entrant is from this dress I found on Pinterest that Victoria Beckham is wearing and loved it! My version isn't as long as hers as I used the Colette Laurel pattern and took it in quite a bit to make it more slimming rather than a baggier fit.







Also I made this Colette Laurel a while back using the material I received as a gift from the lovely
Dixie from DixieDIY. Thank you for my dress I love it!! 





If you are interested in getting involved in our Copy Cat Challenge we still have an entire MONTH to get your entries in. There are lots of prizes thanks to Mood Fabrics, Spotlight (Australia), BurdaStyle and Etsy!!

Don't forget to check out Ping's amazing sewing blog with lots of ideas and tips!!

P.S I do apologise for not being as active on my blog and commenting on others. I only have 3 WEEKS left until my wedding so most of my weekends lately have been making things, bookings of hair/make up trials, organising the bridesmaids dresses and more! Although I have lots and lots of really wonderful pictures to post on my blog shortly about everything wedding and I'm looking forward to catching up on reading everyone's blogs when I have a bit of time back to myself haha!

   Erin    

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna!! It's my new favourite work dress :)

      Delete
  2. Both really pretty! Enjoy the lead up to your wedding, hope you aren't getting overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! hehe I know I will try not to. I still have a few dress fittings but that's about it luckily. Just the excitement of it all really :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh not long now!:) looking lovely as all always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bec!! I know so close :) wee bit excited hehe!!

      Delete
  4. They are both gorgeous. But that black and white version is fantastic. I love how you planned where the print was placed - it is so flattering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Oh to be honest the matching of the print was a total fluke hehe I didn't even realise :)

      Delete
  5. These are both so cute! Great job! I hope the wedding is a great time for you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger!! I am really looking forward to it but know it will go so quickly. So much time and planning for 1 day hehe!!

      Delete
  6. Stunning dresses!!! Good luck with all of the wedding planning and festivities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley so much! I'm really looking forward to it :) can't wait to share some photos!! Xx

      Delete
  7. That is a great copy cat. Love both your Laurels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal!! I love this pattern I'm a little obsessed!! :)

      Delete
  8. Love it! I have been on a black and white kick lately and this would fit perfectly into my wardrobe ;) And yay for the wedding - it will be here before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally! I know its coming up so quickly! Hopefully it won't go too quickly but at least we have a good holiday planned to back it up. Black and white are such easy colours for our wardrobes ill have to check out your latest makes too!! Xx

      Delete
  9. Lovely versions of the Laurel. Love how you made the black and white one more fitted. All the best for your Wedding. Looking forward to seeing your wedding sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean so lovely of you to say. I do really like the fitted one its such a good work outfit. I can't wait to share the wedding picys! Hopefully it turns out as nice as I picture it in my head hehe. Bridesmaids dresses are 70% complete and I still have 2 dress fittings left haha. Cutting it very close :)

      Delete
  10. Too good! I love all your Colette Laurel creations! I am thinking of trying to draft the pattern and make one:-) I feel I can do it as the Indian Kameez or Kurtas are drafted more or less the same way!
    Congratulations and all the best for your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunila that's so nice of you. I am sure you would have no problems drafting a dress like this and using the Kameez etc. so clever for you to do your own!! Let me know how you go I would love to see!! Thanks so much not long to go now its a little scary hehe!!

      Delete

I heart Fabric Link Within