Hooray I have tried another dress pattern! This time I tested out Vogue 1303 and I am so glad I did. I loved this pattern, although I have made some slight adjustments. Also, you may be thinking you have seen this dress on my blog before...you're not crazy, this is my third dress in this material! Burdastyle Panel Dress and also my BurdaStyle 7494 dress.
Dress photos are shown below. The changes I have made or added to this dress is adding the sleeves from Simplicity 1873 (small capped sleeves). I have omitted the front slit, but by doing this I had to add two pleats on the front left and right to adjust the bagginess that was left.
I loved the front pleats that run horizontally along the stomach and then also vertically on the front skirt. This is one of Vogue dresses at its best, hardly any alterations and a great flattering fit! Although, I would also recommend cutting a muslin first as the skirt for me was a bit tight. I ended up cutting it slightly bigger than the top. My next version I may also make the back neck line slightly higher.
I would definitely recommend this pattern and as you can sneakily see from my sleeve inside I fully lined it which ends up being a really nice overall dress!