Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Vogue 1303 Dress

Hooray I have tried another dress pattern! This time I tested out Vogue 1303 and I am so glad I did. I loved this pattern, although I have made some slight adjustments. Also, you may be thinking you have seen this dress on my blog before...you're not crazy, this is my third dress in this material! Burdastyle Panel Dress and also my BurdaStyle 7494 dress.


Dress photos are shown below. The changes I have made or added to this dress is adding the sleeves from Simplicity 1873 (small capped sleeves). I have omitted the front slit, but by doing this I had to add two pleats on the front left and right to adjust the bagginess that was left.




I loved the front pleats that run horizontally along the stomach and then also vertically on the front skirt. This is one of Vogue dresses at its best, hardly any alterations and a great flattering fit! Although, I would also recommend cutting a muslin first as the skirt for me was a bit tight. I ended up cutting it slightly bigger than the top. My next version I may also make the back neck line slightly higher.




I would definitely recommend this pattern and as you can sneakily see from my sleeve inside I fully lined it which ends up being a really nice overall dress!

Happy Sewing!

29 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Bec! They have been piling up a little I must admit! Too lazy to take photos.

      Delete
  2. love it, great changes and the fabric is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! This was the last of this fabric and I am glad I chose this one :) I am trying to get through my fabric stash so its hard not buying any more from the shops!

      Delete
  3. nice style - I like this one a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this dress Erin and the little sleeves look really nice with this style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marjorie! It's sometimes hard pinning a good well fitted Vogue but this one was great. I just got another 4 Vogue patterns in the mail its getting so hard to choose what to do next! xx

      Delete
  5. This dress looks fantastic. I actually like your changes more than the original pattern! I really like the pleating too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosi that's so sweet of you. Well I am obsessed with sleeves so if it comes as a sleeveless pattern I will be adding them haha. The pleats were great such a nice fit and actually very flattering which was nice.

      Delete
  6. Great fit. I really like it! The pleats sit a lot better than the ones on another pattern I have so I may need to change to this vogue one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Roxy! This one was great! I haven't made any other dresses with these kinds of pleats but I really like the style. It might be something I look for now knowing it fit so well. :)

      Delete
  7. Love this dress. Just perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool dress! https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute! I love this! The fit looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginger!! It turned out to be a pretty cool pattern!

      Delete
  10. Lady, you are killing it with style! The print combined with this dress is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog! I've nominated you for a blog award. See my blog notchesandnotions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that is soo sweet of you!! I am so honoured you thought of me! xx

      Delete

I heart Fabric Link Within