Friday, April 12, 2013

BurdaStyle Achievement!

I firstly couldn't believe it when I was featured in the BurdaStyle.com online newsletter this week I felt so proud I made the cut! But then I woke up this morning and more news is that I have been featured on the front page! Ermahgerd!! What an achievement I adore BurdaStyle and cannot believe I made it the front page scrolling banner! Thank you BurdaStyle for picking me!!


So the dresses that have hopefully contributed to my front page glory are the BurdaStyle Seamed Dresses which I have been saying is my new little obsession!







Hehe now that I have put them all on one page you can see how this is my nice little healthy obsession. Also, I was planning on taking photos last week of my Bridesmaids dresses but it got a bit rained out and looks to be that way this weekend but I will try my best to capture them! Here is a sneak peak anyway...(same pattern slightly different skirt).

This was the tester 1

This is tester 2

So the one just featured above (Tester 2) is the same fabric type, slightly different colour than my bridesmaids dress fabric (see below) but will also feature the same colour fuchsia band. The dress above is obviously for myself (yay) but I am completely set on this being my bridesmaids dress pattern and style. Hooray!!

Bridesmaids dress fabric.

I will try my best to take photos this weekend!! I do have my dads 60th tonight so I might even wear the tester 2 dress to it! :) Thanks again BurdaStyle you just made my day!!

40 comments:

  1. I saw that yesterday. Congratulations and well done. All the dresses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that and was excited for you:) yay!!
    Ooh I like the bridesmaid dresses..bonus dresses for you, yay:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bec! hehe I rang my mum this morning to tell her and she went and rang all her sewing friends lol!

      Delete
  3. Congrats!! So excited for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie I certainly impressed my mum :)

      Delete
  5. Congradulations.. I can't think of a more talented person to be chosen..So happy for you..
    The bridesmaid dresses are looking great.. Happy sewing. and Happy 60th to your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy your so sweet :) Thanks for the bday wishes for my dad. I really spoilt him which is good. My little bday pack is flowing over the top of the bag with goodies hehe.

      Delete
  6. I saw it yesterday! Very cool. And love how the bridesmaid dresses are turning out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacinta! I really want to take photos of the bridesmaids examples but every weekend lately seems to just get rained out. I will have to just keep sewing for photos next week :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulationsssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats you deserve it! All of your dresses are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much. Thats so lovely of you to say :) Its a wee bit exciting for me hehe!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations Erin. Great to see your dress obsession is rewarded and recognised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Velosewer your such a sweety. Hehe so funny my little obsession has paid off! It's nice to have them feature it I am already just so happy with the kind comments everyone gives on my blog. Totally blown away with support :)

      Delete
  11. Well done Erin. This is your year to shine in so many ways. Keep doing what you love so much to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marjorie you have always say the kindest things. I'm lucky to have such beautiful people in my blog sewing community it think It really pushes me to make more and learn new things!! You are one of those people always so lovely and helpful.

      Delete
  12. Wow! That is so cool! Congratulations! Your dresses are really front page stuff. I'm so curious about the bridesmaids dresses and your wedding dress and everything else for the weeding. I really hope you will publish some photos on the blog afterwards for us to see. When is the big day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna!! The sun is out today so I might even get a chance to photograph the tester dresses hehe. Don't worry I'll be posting up lots of pictures :) the wedding is in September so really not that long left now. I go get my first fitting for my wedding dress in July which is exciting. I hope the design I have chosen works out but the lady is making a muslin first so that will be good. It hasn't really hit me yet I still have so much to plan!!

      Delete
  13. I saw your pic and immediately thought, "I know that dress!" Loved it on your blog and loved it on Burda Style. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bridget hehe that's so cool. It's very exciting :)

      Delete
  14. Thanks for your comment on my blog hun.
    You know what, every single one of your dresses looks so different from the other I didn't even realise they were the same pattern!!!!
    You're a gun!!
    I can't wait to see your bridal party :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries!! Haha I got a bit obsessed :) I need to find another pattern now I am a bit lost in finding what dress to do next lol. I got a few shirts to make and then back to dresses. Maybe by then you will have finished yours and I can copy heheh :)

      Delete
  15. Loved it when I saw you on BStyle - good for you! Lovely dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! They'd be crazy not to have you on the cover with the awesome job you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Megan I still can't believe it :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart Fabric Link Within