Monday, March 11, 2013

Vogue 8887 - Tessuti Fabric Challenge

I am trying to get involved in as many sewing challenges as I can this year so when I saw the Tessuti Fabric challenge where this beautiful blue fabric was only $12m I couldn't say no. The fabric was better than I expected and I would have LOVED to get it even without the challenge and even if it was full price! So it ended up being very worth while!



The pattern I had in mind for this fabric was Vogue 8887 which was a jacket with matching skirt. I made the skirt but I hated the fit on me so I decided to make Simplicity 2701 skirt instead to match the Vogue 8887 jacket.

Image courtesy of Vogue Patterns

Image courtesty of Simplicity patterns

For the challenge I think I had to take a few 'progress' photos so below we can see my progress hehe!



I think this was one of the first projects that I made sure I ironed every single time I stitched something together! I even moved the ironing board into my sewing room where its now found its home. I really liked this jacket I think I may have made it a little big but at least its going to be really comfortable and warm during winter. The skirt pattern is so simple but its really cute and so glad I decided to make it instead. I did buy a heap of fabric to make this Vogue 8887 pattern and ended up with lots left so I will probably get another skirt I am thinking a slim pencil skirt for the next one.












Inside of the Jacket



Close up of the front jacket.

Close up Shoulder


I have to say after I took some photos of me wearing this outfit I felt like I transported back to 1995 the era of 'Clueless' but I love this suit and the fabric!

Clueless 1995!

To see all the other fantastic entrants to this competition see Tessuti's Pinterest Board.

17 comments:

  1. Haha Clueless or not, its a great skirt and jacket combo and look fab on their own too. nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks Jacinta :) I think this was one of my favourite movies growing up so happy to be back in the 90's lol.

      Delete
  2. The fabric looks amazing and your jacket and skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the skirt with the black top and tights:) very cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Good luck in the comp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosi! I will have to make sure I enter this weekend lol.

      Delete
  5. Super fab finish to both pieces, Erin! Really love the pink lining- too cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it.. It looks great on you.Pretty fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! The fabric was adorable I loved it. Still some left I might make some Burdastyle shorts with it :)

      Delete
  7. Great suit! So nice to see a suit being done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! Now seeing all the other entrants makes you realise how many diffident patterns can be used! There are some really awesome designs!!

      Delete
  8. Such a great job. I keep changing my mind about what to do with my fabric and I'm going toblog about my indecision and see what people say LOL.
    This is fabulous - such a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete

I heart Fabric Link Within