Thursday, January 10, 2013

Vogue 1300 Dress


Okay!! So here is my Vogue 1300 that I had to wait until I got out of the wash because I had already worn it. The material is a really cute little strawberries and is a really soft (kinda see through) cotton material. This one is perfect for the scorching Brisbane heat we have been having as its really light & flowy, has a really cute flange all down the front and isn't too tight fitting. The pattern was great, not many problems at all and really easy to follow the instructions. It only took me a couple of hours to make and I was wearing it that day. If I was to make any changes it would be to just make the bum a 'little' wider so that it has the same dimensions and the top part and it was a little too tight. I ended up sewing it right to the very edge on this one.

Image courtesy of Vogue Patterns

Vogue Patterns are kinda funny like that you can get a perfect fit for one dress but not so perfect for the next. I guess its because they have so many designers but hey I LOVE this dress!! Pretty sure I will be making a few more in this one very soon!!



Front Flange

Back with black and gold button closing at the top

Its so hot today hopefully I will have enough time after making my bridesmaids tester dress to take the pugs for a swim at the local mangroves beach that is only 2 minutes away. This is the photo from last week when we took them down they are such posers!!


Anyways fingers crossed my bridesmaid dress works out!!

24 comments:

  1. This one looks really comfy but still cute! I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! It's really comfy!! Really light too so I'm loving it!

      Delete
  2. love it.. Looks so cool and sweet on you.. Perfect for your warm weather.
    Praying for your bidesmaid dress.. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Judy! It is perfect for this summer I can't wait to make some more. I will be excited to get my bridesmaids post up. Mums helping me so when we make the 3 we will be quicker. About half way done now and I'm already loving it!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cool dress for wearing today! Just can't beat a flat, muddy Brissie beach, can you???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith! I know I try not to go down too often because I get attacked by the mozzies!!! It would be nice to go to the coast but that's effort driving there hehe. Plus the puggies are allowed just down the road during the week. Walk out to King Island, or attempt to with the puggies!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Neeno! Pretty sure ill be making a million of these ones!!

      Delete
  5. Very stylish and pretty dress! Your fabric choice is superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I've been buying so much fabric so looking forward to using it all :)

      Delete
  6. You are on a roll girl!! Your puggies are so cute! I love em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shanni! Hehe if only we were close so we could have puggy play dates!!

      Delete
  7. cute! strawberries! pugs!

    sorry, got a little excited there. i really like this dress. it looks like it would be perfect for hot weather and it's also a cute shape and the ruffle is a nice detail to make an otherwise simple dress more fun. and the print is awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe your funny!! Thank you I have already made another one in this pattern it's really awesome. Def perfect for summer!! Love this pattern!!

      Delete
  8. This dress is adorable. I've checked out your other posts and want copies of each dress... I'm following your blog and look forward to more updates on the bridesmaid dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mellssa so happy your following my blog and hope you enjoy the posts. I have started making the bridesmaid dress but bot sure on the pattern now. Thinking I might change but will show some pictures on my next post hehe.

      Delete
  9. I nominated you for the Liebster Award because I adore your blog! http://alisonweare.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison your so sweet I will have to post up a version then too with your questions hehe! Loved your 10 facts! Hehe.

      Delete
  10. ^^^I also nominated you for the Liebster Award! :P ^^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle!! I can't believe how nice that is I might have to combined the questions now!! Hehe.

      Delete
  11. Wow you have been so prolific! This is a beautiful dress, I just love the colour and print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosi!! hehe there are more pattern reviews to come I managed to sneak out another Vogue Dress whilst on holidays. Guess it will be a bit slower now that I am back at work though.

      Delete

I heart Fabric Link Within