Saturday, January 19, 2013

Vogue 1300 Dress V2

Firstly I want to apologise for my blog spamming with all of these dresses, I am trying to catch up and put all the things I have made on my 3 weeks holiday online and then I will slow down I promise!! I think this is the last one. I now only have my weekends free since back at work and my gosh weekends go quickly!

Although this week at work I can't complain because we had our reviews and luckily mine was great, its almost like getting an A on your report card which means hopefully we all get a payrise soon...Yay! Then I got free tickets from our Tourism department to go see the Illusionist which was playing in Brisbane QPAC centre. This was pretty fun although you found yourself analysis everything they did but I guess that's part of the magic show to keep you guessing.



Anyways I just thought I would post up my second version of the Vogue 1300 dress. Once again this dress was so easy to make. I made sure the bottom part of the dress fit better by making it a teeny tiny bit wider just at the bottom. You don't want to make it too big because its an already baggy type fit. The only other change I made was I didn't include the back slit at the neck. I was still able to get my head through the top part so I just left this off.



No back slit @ neck with this version

You only need really lightweight material for this dress so its becomes really soft and flowy. Its been the perfect dress this summer wearing in the Brisbane heat.


Oh and something else funny, next Friday at work we are doing an 'Australia Day' and the department that does the best Australia day decorations and attire wins an Aussie themed lunch. So our department even though there is only about 10 of us decided we would get involved.

Check out my dress for the day!! hehehe. Yes this is yet another Vogue 1300 dress made out of two Australian flags and I promise to take photos on the day with me wearing it.


26 comments:

  1. I love the spamming;)
    Congrats on the pay rise!! Yay
    love the material on this version..
    flag dress haha gold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks Bec!! It's going to be very funny wearing that one to work because not everyone is getting involved and I my work has about 2000 people. Might even wear something else in and then get changed when I am in my area lol.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous~ I dare you to wear the flag dress all day LOL I was wondering about the Illusionist show. Thought it could be good to see. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe okay ill try. At least I don't have to catch public transport to work. It was good there were a few tricks that were pretty obvious but the main lead guy was hilarious. There was one act the guy was pulling doves from his jacket which I was a bit concerned about. Overall it was pretty funny and a good night.

      Delete
  3. Wow you have been busy! but all the dresses have been gorgeous and the flag dress is AWESOME! great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacinta that's so lovely! It's going to be pretty funny wearing it to work on Friday!

      Delete
  4. Very nice dress! The fabric you chose complements the style perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. please don't apologize. I have totally enjoyed all the beautiful dresses you have been making [and I am going to miss them , when you have to slack off due to work.yuck.lol].
    Love this pattern on you.. so pretty.. Cant wait to see you in the flag dress.. That will be fun..Hope your group wins..
    Congradulations on the A grade, and the upcoming raise [just think extra money for fabric.lol]
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so cute hehe! I'm glad you have been annoying them and not being spammed hehe. I have a few projects in the run but probably won't be making them as quickly. It's going to be funny wearing the flag dress! I hope we win too!! Extra money for fabric for sure it will probably pay for my Melbourne holiday and fabric shopping!! :)

      Delete
  6. This is so cute. I often shy away from abstract print fabric but you've shown here that the right pattern really makes a difference.

    and how fun is the flag dress? You will have a great time wearing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm a big abstract print person but your right it has to be a good design and perfect pattern match so sometimes a little harder to find the right material. I will be a crack up wearing the flag dress. Can't wait to post piccys!!

      Delete
  7. Hi, new here- just followed you here from your review on PR. Lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andrea thanks for the follow I hope you enjoy my posts! Thanks for the lovely comment :)

      Delete
  8. Cute dress, the print is really striking too.
    Your Australia Day dress is fun...hmmm...is is bad to cut the flag? :P
    Super fun idea, hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Lizzie! I'm not sure I thought it was if you burnt it? Haha if its cutting it I hope it's okay since I put it back together just in a neater fashion lol.
      Glad this weekend is a long weekend!!

      Delete
  9. I don't mind the spamming at all!! Your beautiful dresses are so inspiring. Your Australia day dress is gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shanni haha I was posting quite a few up within days so didn't want to be too annoying hehe. It sounds like some of the other departments are going crazy with their Aussie day themed decorations so I hope this outdoes them and we win hehe.

      Delete
  10. You'll be a winner on Australia Day.
    I love the dresses you turn out. They suit you and your style and they're always creative and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Thats so lovely of you to say. I am slowly getting more confident with the dresses I am sewing. Hopefully learn how to do some nice jackets next for winter! Just joined your blog too its great. Look forward to reading your posts!! xo

      Delete
  11. Found you through BurdaStyle! I LOVE this dress and you did a fabulous job! Excited to follow you!

    Tiffany
    www.pintuckpixie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany!! I just checked out your blog and love it. Thanks so much for the follow. I havent found anyone that has done those Salme patterns. Yours are great I might need to buy some!! :)

      Delete
  12. looooove love love this! again, awesome fabric and you can totally pull off the shift look.

    and your aussie flag dress is too cool for school ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dixie!!hehe its a pretty comfy dress I am a little obsessed atm! You should see the photos so funny wearing the Aussie flag dress. Hopefully I will have something to wear it to next year. :)

      Delete

I heart Fabric Link Within