Image courtesy of Vogue Patterns
This dress was pretty simple and I really loved the end result being fully lined, slim fitting, front pleats with cute little bow. I have to agree with gabc that the bow instructions weren't quite in the right order. I did find myself unpicking one of the pleats I first sewed in a previous step just so I could fit the bow in. But once you understood how it worked it wasn't really too complicated. Oh, and I have told myself that Vogue Patterns are really short so I always add length to the skirts now just out of habit and I am glad I did for this one.
This first dress I did as per the pattern, made from fabric I bought once again from Spotlight as its a stretch cotton which is perfect for these types of dresses. The only changes I made was adding two pleats just at either side of neck (shown below in red) as I found it sagged a little at the top.
This versions below I made out of wool! I had some wool that wasn't quite enough to make a nice jacket out of so I thought this would be perfect for the winter dress for work! I also made the back come up a little higher than the original pattern. As seen in the two dresses. I don't really like dresses coming too far down my back because I want to wear them to work and be comfortable. I included the front two pleats again on this version.
I really like this dress and plan on making lots more. After making my Victory Pattern as a 'Bridesmaid' dress and having it not turn out quite so right (photos coming soon) I am thinking this version dress might look nice as a shorter dress option! Especially with the right material because its really flattering and very dressy if you want it to be. I might have a look at all the fabric option when I head to Melbourne next week. I am making a long version to see what that will look like and then we can decide.
Let me know what you think!!