Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Vogue 1224 Long Dress


As soon as I made this dress I thought Yay! I found my honeymoon in Hawaii dress! Its long its made from knit so perfect to throw over after going to the beach!! Then I don't have to worry if I have white legs!! hehe. 

I seriously can't wait for this year so many exciting things! Wedding, Hawaii, trips to Melbourne, saving to buy our house, my sister had her baby so watching him grow up is so amazing. I looked back at my photo album from 2012 and.. what?!! I had no photos!! I was thinking Gee what did I do last year! I guess I didn't take any annual leave all year after starting a new job so maybe forgot to take photos or do anything fun.

I did start my sewing blog though so maybe that's where all the time went! Anyways I went and bought myself a brand new small camera so this year I have plenty of photos and don't feel like the time has passed by too quickly.

Image Courtesy of Vogue Patterns

I had this pattern and didn't really think too much of it. It looks really nice and the sleeves, neck and design of the dress is great. It wasn't until I saw this version on Pattern Review by JanleeC which got me wanting one of my own. I loved her longer version and thought that would be perfect for me.

This dress was made in a light weight knit material.

I just added the length to the skirt. I made it go a little wider at the hip to accommodate for the longer length. I think I also made the elastic a little bit smaller to ensure it wasn't showing too much of my chest. This was an easy fix and can be for anyone else to ensure you get the perfect fit for you.

I would definitely sew this number again and recommend to others.







21 comments:

  1. Looks adorable longer, Good choice with the fabric too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, just realised I had already nicknamed you to Bec hehe. Loved your new dress btw so cute and stylish!

      Delete
    2. Haha no worries, I only really get called Rebecca when m in trouble lol..thanks:)

      Delete
  2. Fantastic idea to lengthen this dress - very stylish! Can I ask where you are getting all of your super fabric from???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spotlight can you believe it!! They have been getting really awesome fabric lately I'm addicted. They are really lifting their quality and designs. Big sale on atm as well!

      Delete
  3. very cute. now i want one too ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! hehe definitely make one for yourself it was pretty easy!

      Delete
  4. This dress done full length looks fabulous! Did you alter the sleeves at all? They look less voluminous than the pattern pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie! I didnt change the pattern with the sleeves at all but I did pull the elastic in heaps around the neck so its a bit tighter. This might have impacted on the sleeves a little. I was actually thinking that myself when looking at the photos :)

      Delete
  5. Oooooh I recently got comfortable in maxi dresses, i find them so cute and I feel like such a girl when I hitch up my skirt to walk around:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good aren't they. I love them hiding my white legs hehe and you definitely feel girly!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful!! so much prettier than the short version on the pattern envelope..
    So proud your enjoying your time off..Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy its been nice and relaxing but the heat is getting to me a bit this week. Glad I got some sewing done though. I really liked the long version of this dress its funny they don't include that as well in the pattern but I guess it's pretty easy to adjust.

      Delete
  7. it looks really comfy, nice job, looks like I must visit Spotlight to check out their knits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a pretty good range atm and think they have a sale on too hehe!!

      Delete
  8. love the maxi look. and the print of course ;) looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks gorgeous and cool for summer. Love the maxi length. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacinta!! welcome and thanks for following my blog :)

      Delete
  10. Perfect for Hawaii! I have this pattern but haven't tried it out yet. This post is convincing me to do so. But might wait until I have a waist again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I am sure that wont be far away by the looks of it as soon as you give birth to bubby you will be back to a size tiny! hehe. Looks as though you are enjoying the maternity patterns atm and they look amazing on you.

      Delete

I heart Fabric Link Within