Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Vogue 1179 Dress (Beach Dress)


For the summer heat we have been having in Brisbane I would say this dress is pretty spot on. Perfect to wear to pools, beaches whilst on holidays etc. Its made from a lightweight knit material and was soooo easy to make and easy to just throw on over swimmers!! 

Image courtesy of Vogue Patterns

I am not sure my dress looks as flattering as the one above but I am still pretty happy with the result.

There are three pattern pieces in this dress. Three!!! So it was incredible easy to follow. Four if you include my additional sleeves :)

This dress is a lightweight knit material. I loved how lightweight and fun this dress looked. It was exactly the kind of beachy, summer holidays type dress I had in mind. However, I hate dresses on me that finish at that part of the shoulder. I feel like I look like a he-man so I added some small sleeves.

I probably could have cut a smaller size now thinking about it because it was a knit which gets a little bigger anyway. It is a little baggy on me me but still nice to wear this summer.

I would definitely sew it again because did I mention it was sooo easy to make hehe!!







Let me know what you think!! Still more vogue pattern reviews to come!!

21 comments:

  1. Oooh the patern and material suits you to a tee!!
    Looks like a perfect beach dress:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bec!! This one is so comfy!! I'm finding lots of beach dresses so when we go to Hawaii at the end of the year ill be set!

      Delete
  2. Love the material you used with the dress! Just perfect for our dreadful weather at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith, hehe I know its been so stinking hot!! I will almost be glad to go back to work just for the air-con!

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely :) I love the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Have the pattern, will have to get it on my sewing table soon. Sleeves are a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco!! You will be surprised at how quickly you can knock one of these dresses out! So easy!! I am a big sleeves girl so I add them to so many things hehe.

      Delete
  5. I love a flowie, breezie dress! Looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dress! I found your review and blog through PatternReview! This is definitely one I'll be tempted to try. Unfortunately, we are freezing in the snow right now but when it's summer for us perhaps, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leslie, thanks for following my blog and welcome!! Thats okay summer will be here before you know it! I would love to experience the snow at Christmas it would be such a nice atmosphere. Its stinking hot where we are atm and not cooling down at all.

      Delete
  7. Such a cute dress.Looks adorable on you..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dress!! I like your sleeve addition. I don't wear dresses much at all, but, I could see me wearing this. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! I hardly wore dresses either until I started sewing. Could never find dresses that were long enough or had sleeves etc. it's good to customise patterns with sleeves and this one was so simple and quick the make!

      Delete
  9. This looks lovely, I have always admired this pattern, but with my hips was worried it would make me look pregnant. It looks good on you however and perfect for this stupid, hot weather we have been having!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie I know I am kinda looking forward to going back to work next week because I will be in the air con! Where is the rain to cool us down!!!

      Delete
  10. Another cute one! You always use the cutest fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

I heart Fabric Link Within