Saturday, December 1, 2012

BurdaStyle Day Dress #122A

Well summer is here in Queensland!! The sewing continues to make some new clothes for my summer wardrobe. I wanted to get a few long dresses that are just easy to throw on and wear when you don't want to have to really dress up but still want to look nice. 


Can't believe how hot its been in Brisbane this weekend. I started yesterday off by going for an early morning run. I was scooting along and a small little foxy terrier ran out in front of me and then started following me up the road. I was one of those kids growing up that saw an injured or lost animal bought it home for my parents to have to deal with. So it only being 7am and already blistering hot I was a bit concerned for this little dog and yes, only being about 600m from my parents house I decided to take him there and figure out how to locate his owner.


We did end up getting onto the owner and at least I did a good deed for the weekend and hopefully have some good Karma coming our way. You know your parents love you when your taking stray dogs home and you don't even live there anymore hehe.

Back to the dress...





BurdaStyle Pattern Photo:


The BurdaStyle instructions are improving. They are making them a little easier to understand. Although they don't have all the step by step pictures other sewing companies have. I knew what to do for the front slit from the Burdastyle Tie Top that I previously did. There is a front slit tutorial that will help make this one.

I liked that it was really simple you could just throw it on. I didn't make my front slit as large at the pattern dress shown above. I still have to wear a small singlet underneath though which I think is the intention of the dress shown above (I am hoping anyway lol). I put my elastic waist a bit further down on my bum otherwise it would have made my hips looks huge due to my body shape.

I made the front slit a bit lot smaller, I added length to make it a long dress (probably not long enough though due to the waste band pulling the dress skirt up), and also added the sleeves. The little sleeves were included in the pattern though so I thought why not!

Close up on the front :)

Anyways hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend. I always forget its starting to get freezing cold in other parts of the world.

Also, a big thank you to Jenny from Brydie Couture for recommending my blog on hers.

♥♥♥♥ From Erin ♥♥♥♥

22 comments:

  1. Really like this with the lower waist and hem. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Coco! It would have been nice if I made it a little longer but hopefully people don't realise hehe.

      Delete
  2. This dress is ideal for our weather - today is another hottie! And I much prefer your smaller slit at the front...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith. I know its crazy isn't it. I think its going to hit 40 on Tues! Eeiikk!!

      Delete
  3. Wow that slit is deep!!! I would have done the same and adjusted the slit.
    Great dress!!!!
    PS I really like the new stuff on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neeno it took a few stock photos and a heap of HTML lol to finally spunk it up to what I was happy with. Thanks for the comment I know the front slit was a bit concerning hehe.

      Delete
  4. You have seriously elevated this pattern with your fabric and the length you chose- it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks prttynpnk!! I like long dresses way better to hide my legs hehe. I think it would be nice in a soft crepe type material too.

      Delete
  5. Ohh the poor little snook:( some people are such irresponsible dog owners, makes me mad grrr..

    Dress looks great:) nice pattern x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an update on the puppy!! The owners finally called they were out all sat looking for him only just moved to the area so when they got home the ranger had finished and didn't know who to call. So they waited it out till this morning and were quite destraught. Glad it turned out though I thought the worst!!

      Delete
  6. Cute dress and will be lovely and cool for the weather they are predicting - it is crazy hot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy!! I know it's sooo hot I have to get up at 5 to take the pugs for a walk otherwise scared they might die haha!! So glad work has air con! Hope your not out in the heat!!

      Delete
  7. Nice dress! Love how long and flowy it is. Poor little foxy. I'm sure glad he had you to come along and rescue him. Being a huge animal lover myself I would of done the same thing. That's actually how one of my cats, Spankey came about. Found her one day lying in the middle of the road, she had been hit. Nursed her back to health and she's been with me ever since. It annoys the heck out of me how some have animals yet they don't want to take care of them. If my husband would allow it I'd probably turn my house into an animal rescue shelter. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shanni, OMG I love the name Spankey your hilarious and so lovely and kind for rescuing her after she was hit. I would come help if you started an animal shelter I am the same forever finding stray animals!! Your so cute. The good news was we found the owner and only after he picked up the foxy we found out it was the councils fault he couldnt get onto us. So made me feel a little better, and he was out looking for him all day so didn't realise we had found him.

      Delete
  8. I really like that you adjusted the waist on this one. I might give it a try as well; usually dropped waisted dresses look strange on my hour-glass shape. Also, I spent a summer living in Brisbane & it was miserably hot (and that's coming from a girl that grew up in South Texas). Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amanda! I kinda of just grabbed the elastic before I put it on and dragged it up and down trying to find the right spot. You could give it a go before you add it and see if it works. Dont worry I am the same. I decided puffy skirts aren't my thing cause it makes me look a bit chunky lol!
      Oh how funny hopefully you enjoyed yourself over here!! Its been a killer week with a heat wave so been keeping my pugs inside with the fans on lol. Its worse when its humid cause it gets sticky! Hopefully cool down this week.

      Delete
  9. i just want to say that you always pick the best fabrics. i like the relaxed look of the dropped waist.

    i hope you can find that dog's owner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dixie! I do take a really long time at the fabric shops lol. I do choose some pretty crappy fabrics sometimes these end up going in my "not finished" project box hehe.
      We found the dog's owner he was really happy to be reunited with his little foxy. :)

      Delete
  10. ITs so lovely.. Looks really comfi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diya!! This one is pretty good for the relaxed day!!

      Delete

I heart Fabric Link Within