Thursday, November 29, 2012

Burda 7494 Dress

So I did a bit of blog stalking this week to try and find an nice work dress that would suit my shape. Here a couple of version that sold me on this style of dress..

1. The beautiful Neeno with her Little Black Work Dress
2. Julia's red and white 7494 Dress
3. Julia's black and white 7494 Dress (Shes so clever!) - see even more on her blog.

So here is my version of the Burda 7494 dress.


Pattern Photo







These Burda Style patterns are fantastic easy to follow and a very easy to construct. I was amazed at how nicely it all came together for this dress.

I loved everything about this dress. The peter pan collar is really great (hopefully you can see it in the photos above as its the same colour as the dress), and so easy to construct onto the dress. There are some really cute pleats on the front and back. I keep finding myself going to put my hands in my pockets (which aren't there) so maybe next time I might add some pockets. This dress also looks nice with or without a belt!

This dress is Cotton Sateen from Spotlight. I tried to add a lining for the skirt from a plain lightweight polyester but because the outside was a stretch material the lining ended up being smaller and didn't match the skirt. So I left it off and it still turned out fine.

No pattern alterations, only to add pockets on the next versions would be cute.

I would definitely sew this version again and hopefully sometime soon! It ended up being a flattering style to suit my body shape and a perfect dress for work.

This is what it looked liked from the bottom hehe.

On a really funny note does anyone here have a Pinterest account where you pin creative things or food you want to create? Has anyone attempted to make these things? Here is a "Nailed It" photo gallery of some versions which put me in tears with laughter. You have to check this out!

Funny Crafty DIY Photo Gallery

I have lots more reviews coming so I am slowly trying to add them up after actually spending some time on jazzing up my blog.  I hope you enjoy and I would love to hear your comments!!

♥♥♥♥ From Erin ♥♥♥♥

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty and versatile dress! Looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Bec! Hehe you should make one too!!

      Delete
  3. I have this pattern!! Bought it cos I was influenced by Julia Bobbin but I haven't made it yet!!! I was worried about the skirt becos of Julia's review but the skirt looks really nice on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! I don't think I read that part of her review. It does pleat and puff out right on your bum but I think its okay because you can see it a large pleat and hopefully looks okay. You might just need to be careful how low you sew down hehe.

      Delete
  4. Good job! This looks like a nice pattern. I actually really like the cap sleeves as well as the collar. The little jacket in the pattern also looks like it would be great for work although it looks a little too big for the model. Looks like a pattern worth investing in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosi, it has some really pretty features. To be honest I had to take it in a little at the front as well but I usually do with dresses and tops I just put that down to my figure not having such nicer curves as others lol. Def worth the buy and its pretty easy to adjust if need be. The jacket does look cute might have to do that one next :)

      Delete
  5. pretty! the print makes it really chic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute would be great for the office or the weekend. It would look really funky with red or mustard accessories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I am pretty hopeless when it comes to accessories. I don't think I even owned a hand bag till I was about 23 lol. I will have to go get some :)

      Delete
  7. Ok that Nailed It photo gallery is HILARIOUS. And your dress is great. I have this pattern pinned on Pinterest, so I'm glad to hear that it worked out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny wasn't it cause its sooo true!! Most of my cooking ones would end up like that lol. Thought it would be good for a laugh!

      Delete
  8. Your dressed turned out wonderful. Very flattering in a great print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thanks Crystal! Your blog is amazing your photos are really beautiful. Just followed it on Blogloving!

      Delete
  9. I just made the jacket from this pattern, and am starting on the dress! Also in a lovely sateen fabric. Your version is definitely inspiring me to get to it, it's lovely. The jacket is fantastic, though I'd recommend adding topstitching to the neckline and peplum bottom, which they don't include.

    ReplyDelete

I heart Fabric Link Within