Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Victory Pattern Roxanne Shirt 2

So I completely fell in love with this pattern its soo awesome and totally my style of top! You can make it in really beautiful lightweight material or just plain cotton with the extra features like the collar and pocket.

I am back to show you both versions and my almost successful attempt at dip dying lol!




Here is my pattern review with some slight changes.

These instructions are beautifully made and designed once again if you haven't tried a Victory Pattern I highly recommend. They are really beautiful patterns and very detailed instructions. 

So I have made this once already and just loved how it sits and the length of this top. The sleeves are really beautiful construction and sit really lovely.

There is two versions. This is a lightweight crepe type material and some soft lightweight polyester lining. The pattern didn't come with instructions for the lining but I cut the front, back top part and also the back (but I halved the back width to take out the pleats). You can see pictures of the lining in my previous post

The second version is just lightweight cotton.

After wearing my last top I realised my shoulders weren't completely comfortable in the top, it pulled just slightly. But again I have really wide shoulders and am quite conscious about it so I had to make the top and back part slightly wider to accommodate for this and ensure this version fit nicer.

I cut a size 6 and it fit me perfectly - but with these shoulder adjustments.

Love this top and would definitely sew it again probably another million times!!




Okay so here is my dip dye attempt!!





So it wasn't a complete disaster although it was pretty messy to do. At least I gave it a try and know what to expect. Certainly doesn't turn out as good as the ones in the shop that's for sure. Might leave this technique to the experts from now on hehe. Let me know what you think!!


xoxox

9 comments:

  1. Love your new blouse.. Great job with the dying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floral fabric is just beautiful and perfect for that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sew Blessed and Rosi I think the soft crepe material actually looks nicer in this pattern although I'm going to make another one in a light polyester and see how that turns out. hopefully be this weekends project hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blouse! I'm so in to the blouses that are longer in the back. Good dye job! I'm scared to try the dye thing. I'm so messy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shanni, it was pretty messy. Cant really say it was a success because its a bit blotchy. But still fun to give it a try lol.

      Delete
  5. these are really great! i love love the floral in the first one and I like the dye effect, too. I've been wanting to try dip dying but I don't have a big enough plastic tub. both are very chic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dixie, the lightweight material ones turn out really nice. I like them much better than the plain cotton. Lol the dip dye ones were pretty messy you should have seen my hands after this and I was wearing gloves!! Turned into a smurf.

      Delete
  6. I love the floral material, it looks great:)
    I love your blog, and am starting/trying to make my own.
    I also bought this pattern because of the floral top ;)

    http://becstiches.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca!
      Thats so lovely of you. I am looking forward to seeing what you create on your blog. I have been a bit hopeless lately because I am making a new website. Hopefully have it up soon :)

      Thanks so much for the comment :)

      Delete

I heart Fabric Link Within