I am back to show you both versions and my almost successful attempt at dip dying lol!
Here is my pattern review with some slight changes.
These instructions are beautifully made and designed once again if you haven't tried a Victory Pattern I highly recommend. They are really beautiful patterns and very detailed instructions.
So I have made this once already and just loved how it sits and the length of this top. The sleeves are really beautiful construction and sit really lovely.
There is two versions. This is a lightweight crepe type material and some soft lightweight polyester lining. The pattern didn't come with instructions for the lining but I cut the front, back top part and also the back (but I halved the back width to take out the pleats). You can see pictures of the lining in my previous post.
The second version is just lightweight cotton.
After wearing my last top I realised my shoulders weren't completely comfortable in the top, it pulled just slightly. But again I have really wide shoulders and am quite conscious about it so I had to make the top and back part slightly wider to accommodate for this and ensure this version fit nicer.
I cut a size 6 and it fit me perfectly - but with these shoulder adjustments.
Love this top and would definitely sew it again probably another million times!!
Okay so here is my dip dye attempt!!
So it wasn't a complete disaster although it was pretty messy to do. At least I gave it a try and know what to expect. Certainly doesn't turn out as good as the ones in the shop that's for sure. Might leave this technique to the experts from now on hehe. Let me know what you think!!