Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Burda Style 7132 Dress




Pattern Photo:



Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes the patterns were very easy to follow step by step and simple. No special mentions or difficult parts to this dress.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? 
I really liked the skirt pleat. There is a pleat within a larger pleat hehe. It looks like one of my Cue skirts which is why it caught my attention. The top part is a bit different style with the wider shoulders, so you have to wear a strapless bra for this one ladies.

Fabric Used:
Stretch Cotton from Spotlight.I think this dress worked well with a bit of stretch in it and I also used a lightweight polyester lining.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I added the short sleeves that were actually from the Burastyle Peplum top because I don't really like wearing sleeveless dresses to work. Even these small sleeves give me that extra bit of security and I think it worked out pretty good. I also added the lining to this dress as it just finished it that much nicer.

Pattern Sizing:
Size 12 pattern which I normally do and for once it was actually a bit too big. I took it in at the top middle sections and also down the two sides. 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? 
This is a really cute dress I would definitely sew it again and most likely with my new little sleeves. Oh and I would probably add some pockets. I kept feeling like I wanted to put my hands in my pockets when I wore this dress and it would probably work quite well.

Here are a whole heap of photos, I apologise I am always looking down as whenever I actually look at the camera I look like a stunned mullet. I told my partner he should learn photography so I don't look so silly and get him to help me take the shots haha!!






Let me know what you think!!

♥♥♥♥ From Erin ♥♥♥♥

11 comments:

  1. I love,love this one.. The fabric is beautiful and I also love that you added the little sleeves, so cute. And looks great on you. The photos look great..
    Congradulations on the upcoming wedding.. Can't wait to see the photos..Will be watching anxiously..
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your such a sweety thank you!! So glad you like it. I know yay very exciting. After 8 years finally booked the wedding haha will be really interesting planning it all. I went and tried some dresses on but I am so picky its going to be really hard to find the perfect dress. Hopefully I can worry about that in a couple of months hehe.

      Delete
    2. Thankyou...[but you should ask my hubby about being a sweetie, he would laugh ,lol].
      Understand about finding the perfect wedding dress.I thought you would make your own.. You sew soooo well.. I bet you would do a fantastic job..
      Happy sewing and planning...

      Delete
  2. Such a flattering and fabulous dress on you! Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather that's so lovely of you to say and I'm so happy your following my blog. I hope you enjoy my posts :)

      Delete
  3. Super dress - great little changes you made to it! You certainly put the long (windy) weekend to good use. The wedding plans will keep your crafty side very busy ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith!! I know what is with the weather this week!! I was super cold last night and it only just started to heat up lol. Thanks for the lovely comments I wore it today was so comfy lol. Oh I know its going to be a year of planning wedding stuff the fun begins!

      Delete
  4. I love your dress - looks like something I would see in a designer show. perfect choice of fabric, and the fit is very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! That's so nice of you to say. It's not often that I pick the perfect fabric for the pattern but this one turned out pretty good. It's nice to get quality fabric as well. :)

      Delete
  5. Such a great fit - if only I could get dresses to fit me that way at the back before I have to put in hours of tedious fitting.

    ReplyDelete

I heart Fabric Link Within