Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Simplicity 2934 Dress

Pattern Photo:


My Photo:

These instructions are so basic I would recommend to beginning sewers. This was actually one of my first dresses I made whilst learning and I made it over and over again because it was such a comfortable and nice dress and so quick and simple to make.

This is a really cute knit dress or shirt its loose fitting which requires no zips or buttons etc so you can just pull it over you head. The gathered front and back ensures that its nicely fitted. It actually feels like your wearing your most comfortable pyjamas but in a pretty dress that you can wear out. You can dress it up or dress it down whatever suits. Totally love this pattern!!

I made this from a knit material. I added the gold buttons just to make it a bit more fancy to wear out and about. No pattern alterations. I think there is a total of 4 pattern pieces in this dress its really that simple.

I love this dress I forgot how good it was until I recently went through all of my patterns. I would definitely recommend this pattern its a comfy, casual and cute dress to wear about the house or dress up to wear out.





What's your favourite comfy dress? I'd love to know about more patterns out there!!

We like to call this shot Pugdiddy!!

♥♥♥♥ Erin ♥♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. Super cute! I like the buttons you added. Oh and I really like your new blog banner. Your puggies are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and I forgot to say I've made the Lisette Continental dress that is super easy to make and comfy too. It's sleeveless and I made mine with a quilting cotton but I may just try to make it in a knit as well.

      Delete
  2. Thanks shanni you reminded me to add a Puggie picture hehe. Oh awesome I bought some knit fabric so looking for another dress to make I will check it out!! Thanks heaps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!The buttons make the dress look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is adorable and looks oh so comfy.. I saw the pattern, but didn't think much of it.. But made up, and on you..Oh so pretty.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is way cuter than the dresses on the pattern envelope. I would've never picked this pattern based on the envelope photographs, but this dress is fab. It's funny what different people see when they look at patterns, fabric, etc. I'm going to have to buy this pattern too!

    ReplyDelete

I heart Fabric Link Within