Friday, August 17, 2012

BurdaStyle Tie Front Blouse #118B

Pattern Photo:



Photos:





This pattern was very simple. Easy and quick to make. The Burda instructions stumped me on the front slit facing but I found this tutorial which was pretty helpful. Otherwise it was pretty easy and came out looking really nice and well constructed. 

I love this shirt pattern its simple but so pretty. You can wear this shirt as a work shirt with a skirt over the top or just casually over jeans. Its a baggy fit so no need to worry about it being too tight or clingy and the bow front makes it so girly and cute.

Each shirt is made with 100% Cotton. 

I think the pattern tells you to make the Bow part really big. My bow was only half the width (18cm). I recommend checking the bow size and just making sure you are happy with the outcome. 

After making the first one I also cut the front slit facing from 23cm long to about 15cm long. It didn't really need to be that long as the shirt was a pretty baggy fit and you can get it over your head without the long front slit. 

Finally, I also made the shirt a little bit longer so I can wear over jeans. I found the first one I made was a little short for my liking but figured I could just wear a skirt over the top.

Here are some more picys.

Front Bow

Front Bow

Front View

Side View

Polka Dot Navy/White Shirt Front View

Side View



Oh I cant forget a puggy picture taken a little while ago :) This is my baby.
Happy Sewing!!

9 comments:

  1. Those are really cute! Love the tie. Your puggy is adorable! I just love the faces they make. So full of personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shanni, you would know the puggy faces as well. We like to call him a slug-a-pug sometimes because he hides his arms under his body and looks like a slug. Gotta love them!!

      Delete
  2. Love your blouses..so cute. .And beautiful fabric..
    And of course, your baby is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sew Blessed!! Hehe he is a cutey, big softy actually!!

      Delete
  3. Super effort on the blouses! Looks like a versatile pattern to have...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blouses. Cute sewing friend too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! You have great taste in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the lovely comments!! Its nice to get some lovely feedback so very much appreciated!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello I just found your blog through Burdastyle, I LOVE the fabric of that second blouse! I think I'll have to try this pattern I love pussy bow blouses. Oh, and I live in Brisbane too!

    ReplyDelete

I heart Fabric Link Within