Friday, July 20, 2012

Colette Ceylon Dress


Pattern: 
Photo:




I have said this making the Macaron dress but I love Colette patterns they are so lovely put together, the packaging and pattern is amazing and the instructions are excellent. They are worth buying even from Australia if it costs a little more than others. They have very well explained patterns and pictures that I would recommend for those just starting out. 

I liked this dress because it had a few distinctive panels and looked really well fitted. The outcome was really beautiful as seen in a lot of the other versions on pattern review or the Collete website. This photo is one of my favourites which can be seen on the Colette website. She has done some really cute embroidery on the shoulders and she is such a pretty little thing!

I love this dress its really pretty and I cant wait to wear it in Summer this year. I would definitely sew it again and I would recommend it to others. I hope you like my version.

Front Top View
Side and Back View

My next project which I have almost finished is the Burdastyle boyfriend trousers which will be my first trousers made but they are turning out great.

Now for the Weekend!!
This week at work I have been helping implement an online project for road trips on all of the beautiful places to go in Queensland and thank god I booked to go to Noosa this weekend. Made my job this week that much easier (it was almost like I was researching my weekend haha).

Noosa Beach!! Cant wait!!

Now for a funny pug picture to end my blog post:)


This is my pug Busta and my Christmas present from my brother who each year gets me a pug themed present *which I totally love!!*. This was last years xmas present which my pugs were a bit confused at first and thought it was real. I swear that we only had to wait two seconds until we got this photo.

I hope you enjoy!!

10 comments:

  1. Love it! I think a solid color really suits this dress, as you can see all of the lines so well. I have this pattern and have been thinking of making it up, so it was a treat to see your version. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment! I am glad I have inspired you to make this dress. I have jumped onto your sewing life blog and totally love the simplicity 1880 dress you did a fantastic job i can't wait to see what you do with this dress then! I will have to follow your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Really nice job. Your Ceylon is perfect, and I adore the color. I'll be looking for you on Pattern Review.
    Good luck on your trousers. Sounds like they're going well.
    Have fun in Noosa. Kisses to Busta. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cuckoochanel that's very sweet. I'll have to post up my trousers I finished them yay.

      Delete
  3. Cute dress - I have this pattern too and was going to make it in red also. We might meet in East Coast wearing the same dress - that would be funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz I know East Coast is fantastic I always go in there wearing their material hehe. Can't wait to see your version!!

      Delete
  4. Love your dresses and quilts - what a nice blog - added you to my own list. It isn't that often a blog has both great quilts and great sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you catspec that's so lovely I'm glad you enjoy it. I'll have to check up on your quilts as well I am only a beginner with quilts so I have a lot to learn!!

      Delete
  5. This is a nice dress pattern and it looks so lovely in red! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I heart Fabric Link Within