Sunday, May 13, 2012

Vogue 8280 Dress


Pattern:

Photo:

This is the sleeveless version. I thought I would take a photo at this stage.
Sleeves added to this version



I think if you follow all the instructions step by step you will be fine. I was a little confused doing the sleeve flange (white) part but the picture description sorted me out. The great thing about Vogue patterns is that they seem to think of everything and ensure that things are fully lined and  finishes perfectly.

I actually saw this dress being made on pattern review and loved the outcome. I may not have even bought this pattern had I not seen the dresses finished but I think everyone who wants to make a nice evening/work dress needs to have this pattern!! Its amazing! Put it at the top of your list if you have it and considering making it!

No pattern alterations. Other than I cut the lining for the skirt as well just so it finished completely inside and it worked out great. I also had to take the top of the back in a little bit with the zip as it was a little too big when finished. Once this was done it sat nicely.
 
I will definitely be making this one again. I was even thinking with the right material this dress might look nice as bridemaids dresses when I get married (year or two away so plenty of time to plan hehe). But this dress is fantastic its a real stunning dress and whatever material you use it could be very formal or maybe even just as a work dress.


This is after I had finished the top part and as you can see its fully lined. Stunning!

4 comments:

  1. This is really cute, I've always liked this pattern. Where do you get your fabrics from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Liz, I got this fabric from Bargain Box in Capalaba but East Coast Fabrics in Logan (and I think Northside) has some as well. It wasnt too long ago so they might still have some :)

      Delete
  2. Couldn't agree more - this is a winner of a pattern! Looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous on you, very professional looking. I was initially confused over the flange too but worked it out eventually. I rather like the sleeve design so will include those next make.

    ReplyDelete

I heart Fabric Link Within