Sunday, May 6, 2012

Simplicity 2215 Cream Dress


Pattern:

Photo:

I liked this pattern because its was more simple and you can add a fair bit of detail to it to make it a bit more unique. This dress is a linen wool blend, black linen and black lace.

I really liked the pattern but for some reason didnt love this version on so I ended up making a skirt from this dress.

No pattern alterations however I did add some features to this dress. The bottom layer of black material was sewn on securing it in place with some double sided fabric tape. Once the dress was complete I then put some lace in around the waste (which also secured the inside seam down) and also along the top neck.

5 comments:

  1. You know, I passed on this when it came out but I'm starting to want it. Very cute dress you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a sweet looking dress! Love the black details you gave to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you I actually saw a girl at my work with a dress similar so I decided to make one. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning dress! Very nicely crafted.

    ReplyDelete

I heart Fabric Link Within