Thursday, May 24, 2012

Colette - Macaron V1


Pattern Picture:


Photos:






Okay.. I will start this off by saying if you have never bought a Colette pattern you will be amazed at the cute little package and sewing booklet that it comes with. The instructions were so simple that if I was learning again I would simply start with Colette. It was such a great sewing experience with the booklet it felt like you were creating a little story. If only all patterns and instructions were this great!

I normally cut a size 12 in other patterns as I wear about size 8-10 Aus. For this one I measured as a size 2 so I cut a size 4 just in case. This dress worked out fine as a size 4 but only because it had a bit of stretch in it. I would recommend cutting a size 6 for non stretch material which I then did. 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this pattern. I knew instantly seeing this pattern and how it was made on pattern review that I would fall in love with this dress and want it in every colour imaginable! What can I start with, it has so many great features the two colours, especially having the pockets another colour that was nice. The sleeves were really cute finish, and the dress is made really beautifully. 

Sleeve picture


7 comments:

  1. I love your macaroon dresses,..both of the are so pretty [But red is my favorite color and always like red best,ha.] Looks great on you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That's very lovely. I am thinking of making another one in a greenish colour and white which I will post when its finished. I love this pattern because its almost like a comfy tee dress but pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Colette dresses are so cute! I made this pattern awhile back for my daughter and she loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I'm sure tour daughter would have loved it and you would have been a hero mum for making it for her!!

      Delete
  4. Your macarons are super cute!! I was going to say the red one s my fav.. but now I;m not so sure. They both look great. red one for fun and grey one for work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neeno! I'm making a couple more but just all one colour they look good in the same print but you have to get past your complete love for the two tone effect.

      Delete

I heart Fabric Link Within