Sunday, April 15, 2012

Vogue Dress 1220


Pattern Design:

This dress is really unique it has some features that you definitely won't find in another dress. It almost reminds me of a stylish kimono or even a cool dress version of a night gown lol. It wasn't too hard to put together Vogue instructions are fairly straight forward.

I love that this dress looks quite comfortable but if you make it with the right material its very trendy. I am not always a big fan of the belts with these dresses so I just wear a plain belt, as seen in my photos.

The white one was a cotton sateen and the navy is more of a polyester material so it works both ways.

I didn't use the bottom lining in this dress I found it to be a bit of a waste of material. I just hemmed the bottom of the dress and sewed it up. However, it ended up making the dress shown in white/black a bit too short. Oh and I forgot to pre wash this material so it kinda shrunk in the wash! Opps!!









14 comments:

  1. Hello! I came over from PR and the review. Love your fabric choices! Nice to e-meet you and welcome to the sewing blogosphere!

    You might want to add the followers feature because it adds anyone who signs up automatically to the blogroll (if you have that feature enable, too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great versions of this dress. Especially love the black and white fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are great at making dresses!!! They turn out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the kind comments and advice. I have now added this followers feature. This is all very new to me so I very much appreciate your help.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the printed version - looks gorgeous! Nice to see a Brissy girl sewing up a storm, I just moved to Canberra! If you live on the Northside, Eastcoast Fabrics was my absolute favourite fabric shop (I think htere's one southside too somewhere) GREAT fabrics (end of season rolls from designers) at really great prices.... keep up the beautful sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came over from pattern review. Love your choice of material and your suggestion to use a different belt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that's so kind!! Hopefully my review helped out :)

      Delete
  7. Great dress - love your fabric. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dress! The print you used is just fabulous. (I'm crazygrad at PR.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo I'm making this right now. It's coming together ok except for the pivot corners. My fabric stretched out all crazy. But I'm sure I can hide the corners with lots of pressing and then a belt. Great pattern and fabric combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments Roxy. It was a bit tricky with those pivot corners. It took me a while to work out what was happening. Hopefully its right in line with the belt so just cover it up if it doesnt iron out. I will have to check back on your blog when your done I would love to see!!

      Delete

I heart Fabric Link Within