Sunday, April 15, 2012

Burda Young Dress 7681

Pattern Design:

Photo:

All I have to say about this pattern is don't  let the YOUNG fool you. This pattern is amazing long and I can certainly say you don't have to be young to enjoy this pattern. This dress reminds me of dresses you would find from brands such as WISH or Cooper St (Australian Brands). With the right material you can either make this dress look really elegant/night time or just casual for wearing on a hot summers day.

I think like every pattern once you make this dress once its really simple. There was a small twisting technique in the top dress section where you have to join both sides together but as long as you follow that pattern it is pretty easy.

I have sewn this pattern now about 5-6 times and even though I don't really like dresses that are singlet type tops but you can just add a little jacket over it and its really great.


I didn't have to make any alterations to this dress. Depending on what type of material you use you may want to include a lining (mine went to the knees).

I created the first few with a knit based top section similar to the pattern picture and a light weight cotton bottom section. To make a dress a bit more elegant I ended up using the top and bottom in the same cotton/polyester material even though it wasn't stretch material and it still worked fine.

Photo:


Short Dress Version

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart Fabric Link Within